- #6 Whiting Cupola
- 2 Induction Coreless furnaces
- Melt Capacity - 1,200 Tons Per Month
- Metals Poured
- Class 25 to Class 45 grey iron all to ASTM
- High alloy Ductile and Grey Iron
- Pearlitic and Ferritic Ductile
- Casting Size
- Two new 6600 pound Inductotherm Medium Frequency Furnaces
installed and operational since October 2001.
- Core Media - Airset, No-bake, CO2, Shell,
- Molding Media - Chemically Bonded
- Molding Equipment (Flask & Flaskless)
- Airset Sand Mixers (250, 500, & 2 @ 600 lbs. per
- Cope and Drag (12x12 to 96x96)
- Loose Piece Floor Molding (12x12 to 96x96)
- Loose Piece Bench Molding (12x12 to 96x96)
- Mechanical Thermal Sand Reclamation
- Pattern Material - Wood, aluminum, iron, epoxy, and
- Pattern Shop - For Wood pattern work, gating and rigging
- Pattern Layout - Dimensional Repurging
- Staffing - Metallurgical Engineer and Quality Control
- Metal Tests Employed - Tensile strength, brinell hardness,
spectrographic chemical analysis, chill wedge, carbon equivalent,
temperature through immersion pyrometer and photomicrographic analysis.
- Metallurgical Standards Are Evaluated Daily By An
Independent Testing Laboratory.
About | Capabilities | Casting Showcase
| Facilities | History | Recognition | Contact
2001-2011 Decatur Foundry. All rights reserved.
Designed and produced by Onyx Media.